Friday, August 29, 2008

Hard life in the city

Living in a city is hard. It seems I get up, lug myself and my stuff to school on the bus, go the grocery store, and carry bags back on the bus home. And each time I go shopping, I have to think about what I can carry by myself.

I've decided to check out each Netto that is either in walking distance or on my bus route to determine which is the best and which will by "mine". I think I found it today. Its about 4 stops before mine on the 6A bus route and is perfect-on the bigger side, good selection, and not super busy. I bought what I think, as of 5 minutes ago, is the worst bottle of wine I have ever had. But it was only 6$, so I guess I get what I pay for (I miss trader joes). I bought some curried herring yesterday in an attempt to try all danish foods. I'm still woring up the courage to actually try it. And I bought what I thought was regular cheese, but actualy smells terrible.

I'm still iffy about this city. Its smaller than many I've been to and hasn't stacked up yet. Tomorrow I will go sightseeing, I think that will help.

First day of classes yesterday, nothing amazing to say about them yet. No negative feelings though. Tonight is the welcome party at some club, so I'm getting ready for that as of now.

The most exciting thing as of yet is the news that I have been assigned my volunteer location and I will be posted at the Copenhagen Chabad! I can't wait. I am worried about my clothing situation though...I may need to go out and buy a skirt on Monday. And I have been invited by my visiting family for Rosh haShanah and for Friday night dinner in a few weeks.

No comments: