Tuesday, December 2, 2008

two weeks left

I have 2.5 weeks until DIS ends, though I will have 10 extra days in Europe traveling. I realize that about two months ago I wrote that I had accepted that I was not happy here. I had come to terms with my disappointment and that it was ok to me. Well, lets just say I have been proven wrong. I have created a strong base of friends and always have something to do now. Sadly, it is so late in the semester that there just isn't enough time for everything. I have a routine, places to go, people to talk with, and I genuily enjoy being here. I am definitely sick of DIS and my classes. The program was definitely not up to par with my standards and I wish it had been better. I also realize that I do not 100% love copenhagen and Denmark, but fortunately it is not because I didn't have friends, so I don't feel guilty for not enjoying myself because I actually dont like the city for the city, not for the lack of friends. Hopefully that made sense.

This summer, I remember remarking to a friend that despite the fact that I am 20, I did not feel like an adult. I felt like a kid inside in many ways. I know feel like I have slowly grown up and become an adult while living here. I have a new sense of maturity and independence that I don;t think you can have without living on your own and trying a new experience as challenging and risky as moving to a foreign country and making a life. I am almost 75% done with college and I finally feel like I can go that last year and be in medical school.

1 comment:

Jason said...

So you're all grown up now? We'll see how mature you are when you get back.